Slowly but surely… I hope

Filed in From the Staff by on October 28, 2010

So as you all might know that I am a senior, which means I will be graduating soon. In order to be able to graduate WPI, it is a requirement to complete your sufficiency, IQP and MQP. Well I have successfully completed the first two, but am still struggling with the last.

It’s B-term now and I have yet to start my MQP.  You see, I started the whole MQP search a bit late, but luckily it worked out quite well. You see, I’m very interested in Neuroscience, and when I began my MQP search mid A term luckily there was a project available in the field of Neurobiology.  This MQP offer came from UMass Med.  Everything was going great. I was no longer stressed about finding a project I was making progress on all the paper work that needed to be sent from my end. A-term soon turned to B-term … and I have still yet to start anything!

Since UMass Med is a hospital I am required to take a TB test, but I am still waiting on the HR department to give me the “you’re good to go” sign so I can proceed. Does administrative stuff always take THIS long to process? At this point I dont even know how I should feel. I’m stressed, but at the same time relieved that I atleast have a project, and the professor who I will be working for seems very nice and understanding. So even though this process is happening slowly, surely I will begin my MQP soon… I hope.

If any of you still have yet to find an MQP, dont stress out. There are still plenty of options out there. Also, the professors here are very understanding and accomodating so talk to them. Something will be available 🙂

I am a senior majoring in Biology and Biotechnology with a Pre-Health Concentration. I am a Peer Advisor at the CDC. Senior Board Chair. I am also involved in Mu Sigma Delta and Active minds. I am a people person and love to talk,share, and help as much as I can.