#Hireme…Please?

Filed in Finding a Job by on November 15, 2013

Today everyone is so attached to their electronic devices – phones, iPods, tablets, laptops…The list goes on and on. Pretty much everyone I know has a Facebook, some have Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. But did you ever think you could use these social media sites to find a job? There are so many opportunities for jobs all over the world, and we have them right at our finger tips!! Take advantage of your technology!

electronics

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/131031181131-facebook-teens-kids-mobile-story-top.jpg

Last week we had our Twitter Kick-Off event in search of our new hashtag for the CDC. And the winner was……#CDCyourfuture!! Be sure to use this hashtag on Twitter whenever you post about the CDC or your job search. I never realized that you could use Twitter to find jobs until earltwitterier this week. I’m personally looking for an internship in the medical field so I’ve started following profiles such as UMass Memorial Jobs (@UMassMemorialHR) and TwitJobSearch (@TwitJobSearch). I found the PERFECT job for me to get some hands on patient experience, and this will set me apart from other applicants for Physician Assistant school! I’m in the process of applying for the job, so I’m updating my resume, writing a cover letter, and applying to the position online.

LinkedIn is another awesome site for networking! We will be having a LinkedIn workshop this Wednesday so you can improve your profile!linkedin

Be sure to follow the WPI CDC on Twitter (@CDCatWPI) and use our new hashtag #CDCyourfuture! Feel free to email the CDC Peer Advisors at cdcpeeradvisors14@wpi.edu and check out everyone’s blogs this week: AdamSamAhmad, and Sebastian!! I hope your B term is going well (:

Until next week,

~Emily

Tags: , ,

Hey guys! My name is Emily Cambrola and I am a senior majoring in BME with a concentration in Biomechanics. I also am in the process of earning my minor in Music. I am a Peer Advisor for the CDC and I am here to share my thoughts and advice about the job search process! Be on the lookout for future blogging. Enjoy! (: