Welcome Back!

Filed in Life at WPI by on September 3, 2013

Hi everyone! My name is Emily Cambrola and I am a Peer Advisor at the CDC for the 2013-14 year. I am a junior majoring in BME/Pre-Med with a minor in music. Like most students I like to do a lot of activities on campus to balance out my work load. Some of the things I do are Pep Band, Newman Club (Catholic group on campus), am President of Symphonic Association, and PLA for GPS: Food Sustainability. If you ever have any questions about any of these organizations feel free to ask!

This summer was one of the most productive summers I’ve ever had. I had an internship at Nemucore Medical Innovations doing ovarian cancer research. It was AWESOME!! I always said I wanted to do cancer research but I never thought I would have the opportunity. For the past 3 months I worked in the lab every day in cell culture to develop and test nanoparticles for the treatment of ovarian cancer. Definitely one of the highlights of my college career. I got this internship with help from the CDC using JobFinder. Use it!!! It’s very helpful (:

Even though summer is over I am really excited for this upcoming year. I am going to be wicked busy (Yes, I said wicked. I’m from RI.) but that’s the way I like it! I can’t wait to work with the teams I’ll be collaborating with in my leadership positions. I want it to be a productive year and I look forward to making it productive for other students too! I hope everyone has an awesome start to A term (:

~Emily

Tags:

Hey guys! My name is Emily Cambrola and I am a senior majoring in BME with a concentration in Biomechanics. I also am in the process of earning my minor in Music. I am a Peer Advisor for the CDC and I am here to share my thoughts and advice about the job search process! Be on the lookout for future blogging. Enjoy! (: