Junior Year…Here I Come!

Filed in Life at WPI by on September 5, 2014

Hi Everyone!!!

Welcome back to WPI and to the Class of 2018; welcome! For those of you who don’t know, my name is Gianna Terravecchia and I am a Peer Advisor at the CDC. As a Peer Advisor, I bridge the gap between the students and the career counseling staff. I really enjoy this job because I get to give awesome presentations like how to use LinkedIn and Job Finder, help out in the Discovering Majors and Careers Class (FY1800) for first year students, write blogs, and help students in their job search! Which is all fun!

As the name of this post suggests, I am going into my junior year (yikes I’m old!) and this year has definitely started out with a bang. I am going to Cape Town, South Africa in B-Term and there is so much to do to get ready! I am extremely excited though and I know this is going to be a great year!

untitlewd

I hope everyone had a fantastic summer! I know I did. I spent the first half of my summer working at a company on the Cape Cod Canal called Atlantic Design Engineers. I worked for them last summer, and it was really cool to see how much I had learned from the year before. I got to help out in more advanced projects, and I really enjoyed seeing the friends I made there again! I absolutely love the company’s community and I know that when I get a full time job, community will be an important factor for me to consider.

untitled

The second half of the summer I worked at a place called Oasys Water in Boston. They are a start-up company who design desalination processes with a new process they developed. It was such a good experience, I got to work directly with a chemical engineer (my major) to design one of the unit processes of their system. I got some great hands-on engineering experiences. From this internship, I found that I am interested in Process Design and that I chose the right major for me!!!!!!!

I am so excited for this year, I cannot wait to help in the FY1800 class this C-Term and to go to Cape Town for my IQP! Be sure to check out my fellow Peer Advisors’ Blogs (Ahmad, Emily, Omesh, Sebastian) and I hope you all have a great school year!

<3 Gianna

Tags:

Hey everyone! My name is Gianna Terravecchia and I am currently a senior here at WPI majoring in Chemical Engineering. A few of my favorites include Italian food, ice cream, the color purple, and penguins. I am a Senior Peer Advisor here at the CDC and I am here to help you in any way I can!