Thank YOU, Employers!

Filed in Career Fair, Finding a Job by on February 28, 2014

The Career Fair has come and gone, and I’m sure you’re waiting and anticipating those call backs from employers. Don’t be a sitting duck. Be proactive and contact them!

duck

I’ve drafted a thank you email for each company that I talked to at the Career Fair, thanking them for their time and for speaking with me. Not sure what their contact information is? Come into the CDC and use our Card Scan on the computers in the lobby to look up business cards from companies that have come to campus. Direct your email to that representative and attach your resume and cover letter. It’s not too late to send out those thank yous!! This will set you apart from everyone else they talked to at the Career Fair. So get writing! This is a week late but…..

success kid career fair

Check out the CDC website for more events and workshops to prepare for the next Career Fair (March 27, 2014 – Life Sciences & Bioengineering Career Fair, 12-4pm, Campus Center Odeum)! Did you know CDC appointments can now be made ONLINE?! Click here to see how you can make an appointment. If you have any questions about your job search feel free to email the CDC Peer Advisors at cdcpeeradvisors14@wpi.edu and check out everyone’s blogs this week: SamAhmad, and Sebastian!!

Good luck,

~Emily

Tags: ,

Hey guys! My name is Emily Cambrola and I am a senior majoring in BME with a concentration in Biomechanics. I also am in the process of earning my minor in Music. I am a Peer Advisor for the CDC and I am here to share my thoughts and advice about the job search process! Be on the lookout for future blogging. Enjoy! (: