I Went to the Career Fair – Now What?

Filed in Finding a Job by on September 20, 2013

Okay, so you went to Career Fair and talked to employers and companies. AWESOME! Now you’re sitting there wondering:

“What do I do now?”

“How long until they get back to me?”

“What if they don’t?”….

Hint: Don't write like Jimmy Fallon...

Hint: Don’t write like Jimmy Fallon…google.com/images

It’s key that you send a thank you note to each company/representative that took the time to talk to you. You don’t want them to forget about you or think that the time they spent talking to you went by unappreciated! If you did not get their business card at the Career Fair you can come into the CDC and check the Employer Card Scan database on the computers in the front lobby. If you’re unsure of how to write a thank you note, attend our Thank You Note Writing workshop on Monday 9/23!

Have an interview already? GREAT! Here are some links and handouts to help you prepare:

Interview Process

The Phone Interview

Acing Your Interview

Also check out our How to Interview workshop on Tuesday 9/24!

Come to the CDC and pick up a career guide for even more tips!! If you have any questions feel free to email the CDC Peer Advisors at cdcpeeradvisors14@wpi.edu and check out blogs from the CDC staff: Adam, Sam, Ahmad, and Sebastian!!

Keep up the search,

~Emily

Tags: , ,

About the Author ()

Hey guys! My name is Emily Cambrola and I am a senior majoring in BME with a concentration in Biomechanics. I also am in the process of earning my minor in Music. I am a Peer Advisor for the CDC and I am here to share my thoughts and advice about the job search process! Be on the lookout for future blogging. Enjoy! (: